The mislabeled tax bill the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act commonly called Obamacare continues to spawn nasty surprises for all but the most naïve consumers. The bureaucracy is not known for moderation, so it’s not shocking that six more nasty things about Obamacare have turned up.
Among them are the tax wallop and the potential for more fraud in a government rife with fraud before Democrats passed the health tax bill by legislative trickery.
You need to be aware of six more nasty things about the Obamacare tax bill:
- Democrats claim approximately 3.3 million have “enrolled” in Obamacare. No one seems to know how many have paid. Enrollment actually declined in January.
- California is famous for not abiding by immigration law, and Obamacare is no exception. Breitbart News disclosed advice from a page in Spanish on the Covered California website: “Fear not if you are undocumented and want to enroll your family in health insurance.” American taxpayers will see their money directly redistributed to foreigners via the health tax bill. Is that even legal?
- New taxes and fees will hit Americans alongside likely increases in insurance costs. Dems taxed the insured to pay for their new plan. The New York Post explained: “[N]ew taxes and fees include a 2 percent levy on every health plan, which is expected to net about $8 billion for the government in 2014 and increase to $14.3 billion in 2018.”
- Factcheck deceptively tackled the Obamacare “tax” by focusing on one of the many taxes in the bill. As Factcheck pointed out, if you choose not to buy insurance, you will cough up about $695, but that could go up to more than $2,000 by 2016. This particular “penalty” tax was written to deceive you. As time goes by, people may become ensnared even if they have insurance in cases where the insurance policy does not comply with government mandates and requirements.
- The worst thing about the health tax bill is the intrusion of bureaucrats into the doctor-patient relationship. The bill gives authority to Health and Human Services to “dictate how doctors treat patients.” Choose an alternative treatment that doesn’t fit the government’s model, and even if it works, you probably won’t be covered.
- Colorado’s health exchange director has been indicted on 8 counts of fraud and theft. The indictment runs 12 pages. The state placed her on administrative leave.
There’s also a small strange blurb on the government healthcare site [healthcare.gov]. You have to sign up by Feb. 15 to get coverage by March 1, but Open Enrollment ends March 31. Go figure.
Ultimately the health tax bill Democrats passed will cost the working man more money and degrade the quality of our medical care. Nothing good ever comes from a bill members of Congress promote and sign with one major failure before the first provision takes place.
Democrats didn’t read the bill. That begs a big question.
Who wrote the Obamacare tax bill if Dems didn’t read it?
(Commentary by Kay B. Day/Feb. 14, 2015)